Course Coordinator: Smt. Mamta Verma
As per the Personnel Policy of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, IIS officers have a two year training programmes, including three months at the National Academies, nine months at the Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi and one year on On-the-job training. After undergoing a Foundation Course at the National Academies, Officer Trainees join at the IIMC for professional training where they are led through a programme that includes theoretical orientation, skill enhancement and an overall personality development. At the end of the first year of training, OTs are expected to know and understand not only the Indian Media and Communication industry but also be able to demonstrate their skills in media technology and have a clear concept of the underlying forces that are shaping the media-scape today.
Objectives of the Course
- To equip the Officer Trainees with knowledge and skills to manage efficiently and professionally communication and media products, services and organizations/departments.
- To provide in-depth knowledge of how markets are organized in the major segments of the media industry.
- To develop critical understanding of contemporary social, cultural and economic processes and to relate these to rapid and ongoing transformation in the media and communication fields across the diverse sectors.
- To orient the Officer Trainees to the various theoretical frameworks of communication.
- To provide hands-on knowledge of the practical usage of communication technology.
- To critically analyse the government’s role in the context of media, across the spectrum, with thorough knowledge of government processes in administrative and financial matters.
0For IIS Group 'A' Officer Trainees
For IIS Group 'B' Officer Trainees0
E-Mail : email@example.com