DURATION : ONE YEAR
COURSE DIRECTOR : Dr. Mrinal Chatterjee
A regular Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Odia) was introduced during 2001-02 at IIMC, Dhenkanal for catering to the growing needs of the Odia language media. It was for the first time that a language journalism course, besides Hindi, was launched by IIMC. The regional media industry has extended full cooperation in running the course since its inception. Editors and senior media-professionals often visit IIMC, Dhenkanal and interact with the students for enhancing their understanding and providing exposure to the practical intricacies of the profession.
Objectives of the Course
- To provide a wider perspective on communication in India.
- To emphasize the role of journalists in promoting involvement and participation through effective communication.
- To familiarize and equip them with a range of communication skills.
- To develop proper communication strategies in priority areas for the country.
- To define opportunities for journalists/ communicators in view of emerging technologies.
- To give exposure to new/evolving techniques of reporting/editing/production/ distribution.
- To spell out the role of government media organisations and of private initiatives.